Each day, life will send you little windows of opportunity. Your destiny will ultimately be defined by how you respond to these windows of opportunity.
Book: The Greatness Guide
Author: Robin Sharma
Publisher: Harper Element 2006
This is a powerful and highly practical book that inspires us the live our best life and to commit to and manifest excellence in both our personal and professional life. This book contains a proven formula to reach our highest potential and to live an extraordinary life by sharing the personal practices of spectacularly successful people and a range of potent ideas that we can apply immediately with sensational results.
I think the best way to reflect the book is to share some of the wisdoms from it and you can then make up your own mind.
- The more successful you and your organisation become, the more humble and devoted to your
customers you need to be.
- And you don’t have to have the biggest title to do the best job.
- As you live your days, so you craft your life.
- Reading a book by someone you respect allows some of their brilliance to rub off on you.
- Real risk lies in riskless living.
- Some of life’s best pleasures are its simplest ones. Enrich your life with more of them and your heart
will be happy.
- Make time to think.
- Business is relationships – it’s easy to forget that people do business with people they like.
- Too many among us are afraid to be ourselves. So we give up our dreams to follow the crowd.
- Work hard, get lucky. Not one of the über-successful people I’ve worked with as a leadership coach
got there without outworking everyone around them.
- Focus plus daily improvement plus time equals genius. Understand that formula and your life will never
be the same.
- Listening intently to someone is one of the best ways I know to honour that person and forge a deep
- Say thank you. Today, take a moment and think about the people in your life who need to be
cherished, appreciated and told that their support has been helpful.
- Waking up each morning and asking yourself, How would I show up today if this day was my last?” is
not some cheesy motivational exercise. It’s a profound way to bring some urgency and commitment
into your days.
- The secret of passion, and getting up early, is purpose. Set BHAG’s (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) to
inspire you and give you something to get out of bed for each morning.
- Join the 5am Club and get up early. As Benjamin Franklin said, “There will be plenty of time to sleep
when you are dead.”
- Greatness arrives for those who are never satisfied with what is, no matter how nice it looks.
- Investing in learning and getting your skill to world class is the smartest investment you’ll ever make.
- Do good and leave behind a virtue that the storm of time can never destroy.
- Delete what needs to be eliminated from your life –you will feel lighter, happier and your mind will
experience more peace.
- It’s never to late to become the person you have always dreamed of being.
- You can’t get to the top of Everest by jumping up the mountain. You get to the mountaintop be taking
incremental steps. Step by step you get to the goal.
The book is filled with short stories that reinforce the key messages to live a great life. It is a delightful and
easy read that will inspire you to your own greatness.
If you would like to purchase this book you can click on the link to Amazon.com or fishpond.com below.