Last month I wrote about reflecting on your successes for 2013 and priming your brain for success in 2014. Some of the ideas that I mentioned were:
- Set goals.
- Develop an action plan and take inspired action each day.
- Get a mentor or set up a mastermind group.
- Read more.
- Wake up early.
- Get an accountability buddy.
- Journal – write morning pages.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Learn something new.
- Practice wonder, awe and gratitude.
Building on this, our intentions are the way we intend to live our life. When we set intentions it primes our mind in such a way that supports the achievement of the goals we set for ourselves. It is important to have a mindset that supports us in our daily practices and makes us feel joyful and happy. I thought I would share my intentions for 2014 with you.
- Love big
- Laugh a lot
- Have fun
- Trust the universe completely
- Stay focused on what I want
- Pay attention to the detail and the big picture
- Relax and stay grounded
- Harness deep insight and wisdom
- Stay open-minded and curious
- Learn and develop both personally and professionally
- Achieve excellence in all my endeavours
- Practice loving kindness, non-judgment and discernment
- Cultivate deeply rewarding relationships
- Contribute to my community
- Practice mindfulness
- Stay grateful.
Just in doing this process and then rereading my intentions I felt an enormous sense of wellbeing and happiness. I encourage you to think about your intentions for how you would like to live your life and commit to living these every day and then commit them to paper so you can reflect on them periodically throughout the year.